Welcome to the Silver Spring Cares Ambassadors Project!
By connecting our community through this organized initiative, we are able to quickly and efficiently serve the urgent needs of our community.
Having started during the COVID-19, and continuing on today, we work with Shepherds Table to collect items needed to feed the hundreds of food-insecure individuals in our community.
Current Participating Circles & Neighborhoods
- Chevy Chase View
- Downtown Silver Spring
- East Silver Spring
- East Silver Spring (Ritchie)
- Indian Spring
- Kemp Mill
- Long Branch
- North Four Corners
- Silver Spring Village
- South Four Corners
- Takoma Park
- Wheaton Brownstones
- Winding Orchard
- Woodside Park
If your neighborhood does not link to an email, please email us and we’ll connect you as soon as possible.
How It Works
Each week Silver Spring Cares emails the coordinator with up to date information on needs. Each neighborhood organizes in their own unique way but sharing best practices are always encouraged between this amazing group of folks. Neighbors sign up to help and the driver then collects the donation through a contactless pickup on their assigned day.
Each day a different neighborhood collects items and delivers them to Shepherds Table. Two essential volunteer neighborhood roles make this work – a Coordinator and Driver. Read below for our current Job Description for these positions.
For more information or to sign up, visit HERE
- Partner with driver to determine best day and time to pick up donations from your neighborhood
- Announce the donation pick up day and time on your neighborhood listserv and any social media platforms
- Ensure your neighbors know which items can be donated and which should not be donated
- Each week, keep track of which homes in your neighborhood will have items to donate and share this list with the driver.
- Partner with coordinator to determine best day and time to pick up donations from your neighborhood
- Obtain list of homes with items to donate each week from Coordinator
- Pick up items and deliver them to Shepherd’s Table
Multiple neighborhoods can deliver items to Shepherd’s Table on the same day and your neighborhood could commit to donating on a weekly or every other week basis. This will be determined by the coordinator and driver for each neighborhood. Delivery times to Shepherds Table are Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 11:00am and 1:00pm to 4:30pm. On weekends, hours are from 8:30am to 9:30am and 1:00pm to 4:30pm